- This event has passed.
May 29, 2021: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Presented by the Washington Park Conservancy in conjunction with The Department of General Services and the City of Albany
The Tulip Dig will be Socially Distant, so please be advised that the process will take longer this year. Only a certain number of people will be allowed into the Dig area at the same time. Visitors should follow CDC guidelines for mask use.
We’re excited to announce that the Tulip Dig and Sale is back this year! This annual rite of spring in Washington Park is eagerly anticipated by area residents and avid gardeners inspired by the Park’s glorious tulip plantings to beautify their own gardens. Proceeds from the Tulip Dig & Sale support the Washington Park Conservancy’s efforts to help the city restore, preserve, and maintain Albany’s historic Washington Park.
START TIME: 8:00am
(Dig begins at 8:00 but come early to get in line! Event ends when all bulbs have been dug)
LOCATION: Tulip Beds around the Moses Fountain
FEE: $10.00 for a bag of 30, limit 4 bags per person, while supplies last. Cash only (smaller denominations greatly appreciated.)
- The tulip dig is limited strictly to designated beds, under the direction of park staff and volunteers.
- Event will proceed rain or shine.
- There will be a limited number of garden forks available to borrow for digging, but we urge you to bring your own.
- NO SHOVELS OR SPADES.
- We encourage diggers to bring recyclable grocery bags; otherwise paper bags will be provided.
YOU SHOULD BRING WITH YOU:
- A long-handled garden fork
- Garden gloves
- Comfortable, gardening-appropriate footwear
- A hat