The Burns Monument
Erected by funds provided by the McPherson Legacy, about $40,000. Located on the old Parade Ground in Washington Park. Was unveiled September 30, 1888; but the four tablets: Tam O’Shanter, Auld Lang Syne, The Poet Ploughman and Daisy, and the Cotter’s Saturday Night were not added until April 1891. The design is by George H. Boughton and the sculpture by Charles Calverley, both local artists. The Albany Saint Andrews Society cleaned it in August 1978, and in 1999 it was cleaned and waxed again by the same Group. The Parks Department repaired the walk around the monument in 1999.
links to other Robert Burns sites: there are hundreds of web sites with Robert Burns content